Mui’s internet-connected block of wood is a minimalist’s dream

I was thoroughly charmed by Mui, the internet-connected block of wood that acts as a smart home hub, when I first saw an early model prototype back in 2017. I got to see a working model today at CES, and despite being displayed against the backdrop of a hotel convention hall, it remains an elegant device I’d love to have in my apartment.

Mui’s biggest draw is that it’s a smart home display that integrates seamlessly to home interior as furniture, and not a device like the Amazon Echo Show or Google Home Hub. The version I saw today came with an updated minimal interface that displays five icons on the home screen. There’s an icon each to show the weather, control temperature, adjust lighting, display Spotify music playback, and open...

Continue reading…

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post