Aiaiai’s Pipe 2 earphones serve up a fresh flavor of USB-C goodness

<em>Aiaiai Pipe 2.0.</em>

After reviewing the excellent OnePlus Type-C Bullets, I’ve struggled to think of a good reason for other USB-C buds to even exist. You can’t get much cheaper than their $20 asking price, and you can’t get more comfortable. But there’s always room for sonic and hardware improvements, and that’s where Denmark’s Aiaiai comes in with its Pipe 2.0 USB-C earphones. At $40, they’re double the price of a pair of USB-C Bullets, and they justify their premium with thicker, sturdier construction and a more lucid and engaging sound.

I’ve been testing a pair of the Pipe 2 for a few days, and, at the risk of undermining my reputation as a stickler for sound quality, I like their sound just as much as I like that of the OnePlus USB-C Bullets. The two...

Continue reading…

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post